Results-focused organizations know the value of having a clear, focused and measurable strategic plan guiding their ongoing evaluation of choices and their allocation of resources.
A solid strategic plan is also a cornerstone of an effective relationship between a board and its senior management team. It enables corporate leaders to “get on the same page” regarding the organization’s desired outcomes and its principal strategies for achieving those results. A good strategic plan also needs to be adaptable – it needs to be capable of mid-course corrections/changes in response to the organization’s changing environment and its lived and learned experience.
We work with senior management teams and/or boards to:
- Design a strategic planning process that engages the right stakeholders at the right point in the process
- Complete a thorough environmental scan to identify relevant context and trends
- Ensure the organization’s mission remains relevant and appropriate
- Describe the long-term vision for the organization in clear and meaningful ways
- Identify strategic choices and associated risks
- Develop scenarios for consideration of their potential implications for the organization
- Define strategic themes, outcomes and measures of success that are appropriate for the organization’s “age and stage” (from start-up to mature)
- Draft the organization’s strategic plan
- Develop related scorecards or dashboards to monitor the organization’s progress.