We want to make a difference by helping you and your organization make a difference. We succeed when we help you succeed.
To be successful, boards and organizations need to have a clear purpose, clear direction and clear responsibilities/roles. Helping you achieve clarity of purpose, roles and direction is why we specialize in governance, strategic planning, facilitation and coaching.
Boards are part of the fabric of our society. They are responsible for organizations, large and small, that are contributing to the economic, social and cultural well-being of our communities.
Board decisions matter — not only to the organizations they govern but to the communities served by those organizations. We value the commitment made by community and business leaders to serve on boards. We believe that boards can add tremendous value to an organization if they are focused on the right issues and have the people, systems and structures in place to support their work. We work with boards so that they can have a positive impact on the organizations they serve and the broader community.
We also believe in the capacity of organizations to adapt and thrive in a global marketplace. Effective strategic planning enables organizations to understand their changing context and to define winning strategies for achieving their desired ends. The process is often as important as the end product. We work with individual organizations to design and facilitate stakeholder consultation processes that engage key stakeholders and produce clear and focused strategic directions.
We support the development of leadership talent through our coaching services and our Applied Governance™ educational programs for board leaders, directors, senior management and aspiring young professionals.
In carrying out our work, we strive to:
- Understand our clients’ needs and context through effective question-posing and attentive listening
- Engage people in thoughtful reflection based upon quality information
- Create opportunities for key players to participate and be heard
- Invite and be open to different perspectives as the combination of these will lead to more options and wiser choices
- Be creative, adaptable, constructive and collaborative as we work with our clients and project partners
- Use our ability to listen, summarize and capture ideas to foster consensus
- Develop clear and practical tools, policies and plans for our clients that suit their specific context
- Learn something new everyday and apply our knowledge for the benefit of others